Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Anger & Depression can be Safely resolved with hypnotherapy
Change in Mind Counselling and Hypnotherapy offers Specialised therapy to help resolve the symptoms of Anxiety and Depression, PTSD, Phobias, Panic Attacks and Anger
Are you weighed down by anxiety, panic or Depression?
Anxiety is caused by many factors:
- Bullying at work or elsewhere
- Experiencing or witnessing domestic violence
- Sexual assault / abuse
- Physical assault / abuse
- Psychological abuse
- Illness or accidental injury
- Family breakdown
- Relationship breakdown
Hypnotherapy can help you feel better from the first session.
Regardless of the cause, hypnotherapy can help to relieve the anxiety quickly and safely, as it helps you regain your inner strength and develop a stronger sense of self.
I help people who:
- Feel overwhelmed by the demands of life
- Feel nervous or anxious a lot of the time
- Have panic attacks
- Have flashbacks to traumatic events
- Feel weighed down by depression, grief or trauma
- Are limited because of anxiety and self-doubt
- Dwell on problems from the past
- Have trouble sleeping
- Resort to alcohol or other drugs to feel better
- Feel stuck – unable to move beyond past distress
- Are angry and lashing out
- Have phobias such as fear of flying, fear of heights etc.
- Experience performance anxiety
How can hypnotherapy relieve anxiety and panic attacks?
Hypnotherapy for anxiety and feelings of panic is often very effective as it is a calming and strengthening experience.
Anxiety is a natural response when we feel that there is a threat of some kind. If the anxiety is easily linked to some event – eg: a job interview or an important life event, it is not usually a problem.
But if it is constant and persists for months on end, then it is considered to be an anxiety disorder.
Different types of anxiety include:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Panic Disorder (Panic attacks)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Social Anxiety
Essentially anxiety is an emotional response that springs from a deep unconscious belief that you are not safe. Sometimes you know why you feel anxious, but often you can’t explain it, you just feel on edge, with butterflies in the stomach or a tightness in the chest for example.
Either way, hypnotherapy can help you to feel much better in a relatively short amount of time.
Anxiety occurs when the autonomic nervous system (ANS), the part of the body that controls all of our automatic bodily functions such as heart and lung function, blood pressure, digestion etc., responds to a perceived threat by producing adrenaline and stress hormones. This activates various organs and glands within the body so that we have the capacity to deal with threats within our environment.
In the short-term, this is ok, but prolonged periods of autonomic arousal can adversely affect the immune system.
Hypnotherapy works as this autonomic response is an unconscious response and as hypnotherapy deals with the unconscious mind, it is the most effective way of creating a feeling of calm quickly and safely. Once the unconscious mind stops feeling there is a threat, the entire system can return to a state of calm (homeostasis).
Using hypnotherapy we can calm the ANS and resolve feelings of anxiety.
Hypnosis works because:
- It creates a deeply calming feeling within the body and the mind. This reduces the level of autonomic arousal and reduces the stress response.
- In hypnosis the brain processes information differently, so the effects are felt more quickly than with usual talking therapies.
- It allows us to address the unconscious causes of the fear and anxiety and develop more effective responses to stress, so the body stays calm. As the body and mind accept that the threat has passed, the ANS will return to a state of calm, and you will feel much better.
- In hypnosis we can also generate new positive beliefs that support your desire to be strong and empowered. This may include helping you create lifestyle changes so that you are healthier both physically and mentally into the future.
Start each day full of energy and enthusiasm rather than fear and dread.
Anxiety has many possible causes. It may be due to a specific one-off traumatic event, such as sexual assault, an accident or witnessing a crime, or the result of multiple events over time, such as insecurity in childhood, domestic violence, school or workplace bullying or the events leading up to a relationship breakdown.
Regardless of the cause, hypnotherapy can relieve the symptoms of anxiety in a relatively short time.
The changes are often felt after the first session, and then gradually build until the feelings of being calm, confident and in control become your new normal.
Because hypnosis changes the way our brains respond to ideas it is possible to make very powerful change in thoughts, feelings and behaviour relatively quickly.
Hypnotherapy for Depression
How can hypnotherapy help with depression?
Hypnotherapy for depression can create a feeling of optimism and hope
Hypnotherapy is a very positive form of psychotherapy. When you experience depressive symptoms hypnotherapy can help you to feel lighter, more positive and optimistic.
Very careful and considered counselling is the first step so that together we can explore the possible causes of your low mood and other distressing symptoms.
I will then create a treatment plan for you that addresses your situation, and helps you to create a more optimistic outlook.
Hypnosis for depression has the potential to change the way you view your situation and opens up your mind to the idea of being free of depression.
Being able to overcome those feelings of hopelessness, and create a more optimistic outlook helps the depressive person begin to generate changes within their own mind and body.
Hypnotherapy is a very powerful tool in helping people overcome past trauma and distress that may be at the core of the depressive symptoms.
As there are many causes of depression this therapy will address the specific issues that affect you in a kind and supportive way.
If you would like more information call me on 0409 803 696 or book a free 20 minute phone consultation here to discuss your individual needs.
What are the symptoms of Depression?
Depression affects our thoughts feelings and behaviour.
Common symptoms include:
- feelings of sadness or being unhappy a lot of the time
- feeling overwhelmed, unable to cope
- having difficulty concentrating or making decisions
- a heaviness of spirit that just doesn’t lift and reduces your motivation
- a physical sensation of being weighed down, tired, lacking in energy
- difficulty sleeping or sleeping too much
- constant negative thoughts and very pessimistic beliefs about the future
- hopelessness, helplessness and worthlessness
What causes depression?
Depression can be caused by a variety of environmental factors and also personal factors unique to the individual.
Some common causes are:
- Negative life events – grief and loss, abusive relationships or bullying can erode the sense of self and lead to feelings of hopelessness. Also, major life changes such as redundancy or unemployment can create depressive feelings
- Pregnancy – antenatal depression (depression occurring during pregnancy) and postnatal depression (depression occurring within 12 months of giving birth) are more common than we might think
- Family history – there may be a genetic predisposition to develop depression, but a depressed parent doesn’t guarantee that offspring will suffer with depression
- Serious illness – long-term illness can create a sense of hopelessness, or the stress and worry of a short-term illness may have a negative effect on mood
- Drug and alcohol abuse can also trigger or exacerbate depressive symptoms
As there is no one cause of depression, there is no one approach that will resolve the symptoms. The therapy needs to involve multiple approaches. The impact of different psychotherapies, such as cognitive behavioural therapy can be increased with hypnotherapy as the deeper unconscious causes of the depressive state are addressed.
My approach therefore is to thoroughly explore your individual situation before beginning therapy. I will always create an individual program of treatment that is shaped to best meet the needs of each individual client.
I am trained in multiple forms of psychotherapy and hypnotherapy. I will apply my knowledge and skills to create the right approach for you. Using evidenced based therapy I will help you to resolve the pain and distress, and to regenerate a sense of inner strength so that you can begin to feel better quickly.
Experienced and accredited, my qualifications:
- Bachelor of Education (Psychology)
- Diploma Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling
- Graduate Certificate in Career Development and Education
I am also trained in the following:
- The Richards Trauma Process (TRTP)
- Resource Therapy
- Human Givens Approach
- Parts Therapy
- Time Line Therapy
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- Careers Fast Track
- Career Voyage
- Coaching Young People for Success
- Australian Association of Clinical Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists
- Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Career Educators Association of Victoria
If you need assistance you can call me to discuss your unique situation on 0409 803 696 , or book an appointment online here.
If you are not sure you can book a free 20 minute telephone consultation to discuss your needs.
Can hypnotherapy help with anger management?
The short answer – Yes!
Anger does not occur in isolation though, it is a symptom of other issues that create the explosive emotional response.
Effective treatment therefore needs to address the underlying cause of the anger rather than focus on just managing the emotional response.
With hypnotherapy for anger, the focus is on resolving the root cause and then assisting the client to learn new, more appropriate ways of responding to stressful situations.
By addressing the emotional responses to stress and helping you change unconscious core beliefs that can keep you feeling stuck, I can help you to change your perspective and begin to feel that you have more control over your own emotional responses.
For more information Call 0409 803 696 or book a free 20 minute phone consultation here to discuss your individual needs.
Self- Hypnosis Recording
Hypnotherapy For Stress Release
I have created a very soothing and relaxing hypnosis to release stress recording that you can purchase directly for just $14.95.
This is effective if your condition is due to general stress, but is not recommended if you suffer from anxiety or depression, as specific targeted therapy is needed for these conditions. You should book an appointment if you need more specialised care.
You will receive this recording free of charge if you are having face-to-face hypnotherapy sessions.
Disclaimer: Hypnotherapy results vary from person to person. Services provided by Change in Mind are not intended as a substitute for medical advice or treatment. Each client should consult their GP for medical advice and for any symptoms that may require medical intervention.
Hypnotherapy can be safely used in conjunction with traditional psychological counselling.
If you are currently on medication for your anxiety or depression it is strongly advised that you consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication.
Trish Dewberry Clinical Hypnotherapist Melbourne