Are you in need of help but concerned about face-to-face sessions because of the corona virus? During the current lockdown I am offering online sessions to all clients. Some face to face sessions will resume from 4th November.
Hypnotherapy can be delivered very effectively using Zoom or similar tele-conferencing programs.
I understand if you have some reservations about this mode of delivery, but I can assure you that the integrity of the client / therapist relationship is protected in the online space.
I am offering a free 30 minute online session so that you can chat about your needs and feel more confident about making this choice.
Call 0409 803 696 to discuss how I can help you during this current crisis, or book online using the button below.
Ready To Quit Program – Hypnosis To Quit Drinking
Is The Amount You Drink Worrying You?
If so, I can help you – Call 0409 803 696
Why use hypnotherapy to control drinking?
Hypnotherapy makes it easier to stop or cut down without feeling deprived or that it is a struggle. Hypnosis can reduce or even remove the urges and the constant thoughts about drinking.
Hypnotherapy is a very safe and calming form of therapy that helps you to reduce or quit drinking much more easily than just relying on willpower. It also helps you to feel much less stressed in other areas of your life.
Drinking can be a symptom of deeper distress, or it can simply be a bad habit that has developed over time. I will help you to explore the causes and then to overcome them, so that you have your drinking under control.
The Ready to Quit Drinking Program is effective in helping you change the way you think and feel about drinking alcohol. You will no longer feel the need to drink as much, or at all if that is what you want.
Hypnosis will help you develop new, healthier habits that support your idea of yourself as someone who is in control of drinking.
I have helped many people to better manage their drinking and I can also help you.
Call 0409 803 696 for more information
Hypnosis to Quit Drinking
If you are in the habit of drinking daily, you might like to reduce that to just a couple of nights a week, or you might like to stop for a while. Drinking excessively is a habit that can be changed relatively easily with hypnotherapy.
Is it time for you to take positive action and get help to control your drinking?
My name is Trish Dewberry and I am an accredited clinical hypnotherapist. I have developed the Change in Mind Ready to Quit Drinking Program to help people like you.
I offer hypnosis and counselling sessions in my clinic in Brunswick, using a kind, supportive and totally judgement free approach. (All sessions are currently offered online).
How Can Hypnosis Help Me To Control My Drinking?
When drinking alcohol becomes a problem it can make you feel as though you have no control over it. It can feel as though you are controlled by your drinking habit.
The Change in Mind Ready to Quit Drinking Program is a structured program that helps people overcome the issues that cause the drinking problem. Quit drinking hypnosis helps change the way you think about drinking and your relationship to it, and helps you gain a powerful sense of being strong and in control again.
When people have problem behaviours like a drinking, it can often feel like parts of you are at war with each other. One part really wants you to quit, but the part that wants to drink can feel much stronger.
Hypnosis is an effective method to help you quit as it deals directly with the part of the mind that controls your drinking. With powerful quit drinking hypnosis I can help you, as I have helped many others, take back control of your life.
Behaviour is ruled by our unconscious beliefs and if you truly believe, at an unconscious level, that you need to drink, then that’s the way it is. But, if you allow that belief to be changed through counselling and hypnosis, then quitting drinking is much easier.
If you want to get started on changing your drinking behaviour then, book your 20 minute free consultation below or Call 0409 803 696 for more information.
How Do I Know If I Have A Drinking Problem?
Problem drinking can be characterised by:
- Frequent times when you end up drinking more, or for longer, than you intended?
- More than once wanted to cut down or stop drinking, or tried to, but couldn’t?
- Continued to drink even though it was making you feel depressed or anxious or adding to another health problem? Or after having had a memory blackout?
- More than once gotten into situations while or after drinking that increased your chances of getting hurt (such as driving, swimming, using machinery, walking in a dangerous area, or having unsafe sex)?
- Had to drink much more than you once did to get the effect you want? Or found that your usual number of drinks had much less effect than before?
- Spent a lot of time drinking? Or being sick or getting over other after effects?
- Continued to drink even though it was causing trouble with your family or friends?
- Found that drinking—or being sick from drinking—often interfered with taking care of your home or family? Or caused job troubles? Or school problems?
- Given up or cut back on activities that were important or interesting to you, or gave you pleasure, in order to drink?
- More than once gotten arrested, been held at a police station, or had other legal problems because of your drinking?
- Found that when the effects of alcohol were wearing off, you had withdrawal symptoms, such as trouble sleeping, shakiness, restlessness, nausea, sweating, a racing heart, or a seizure? Or sensed things that were not there
The more severe the problem, the more of these symptoms you are likely to have.
(Source – Rethinking Drinking: Alcohol and your health)
There are a lot of different reasons that people drink to excess.
It can begin as a simple pleasure, socialising with friends or family. But the addictive power of drinking can sometimes result in a feeling that you can’t seem to stop drinking.
Excessive drinking can be a reaction to distress or trauma from the past. A way of relieving pain. By numbing the negative feelings with alcohol you don’t have to feel the distress.
If the habit has simply developed through repetition it is relatively easy to shift. If the habit is linked to past trauma or distress, it is necessary to ease that pain and resolve the trauma before addressing the habitual behaviour. Either way, hypnotherapy is a very effective tool to use.
You may or may not be aware of what the triggers are. We can work together to find the cause and resolve the problem.
Hypnosis to control drinking is a very effective way to deal with the problem, especially if it is related to past trauma. This is because hypnosis gets to the problem where it is stored – in the subconscious and in the body. (Levine, van der Kolk, Rothschild, Ogden).
What Is The Process To Quit Drinking With Hypnosis
Usually I see clients 3 or 4 times*. The first session is always 1.5 hours and then we have 2 or 3 x 1 hour sessions, but this depends on your own individual circumstances.
Every session is personalised to you. Every client is different so every session is tailored to suit your individual needs. You will also receive quit drinking hypnosis recordings to listen to at home, to boost the effectiveness of our sessions. Visit our pricing and offers page for more information on session costs.
Call Today to discuss your needs and let’s get your drinking under control.
Find out more about Trish Dewberry, Clinical Hypnotherapist Brunswick, Melbourne.
* Clients with a long history of alcohol abuse will usually require a more intensive treatment program.