Trish Dewberry – Clinical Hypnotherapist and Counsellor Melbourne
I discovered the power of hypnosis when I was quite young. I used to ‘give up’ smoking every Monday – and that would last until about 10am. It was hypnotherapy that moved me from being a 20 – 30 cigarettes a day smoker to completely smoke free. Since then I have always relied on hypnotherapy to help me through when the difficulties of life became too much.
I trained as a teacher and majored in Psychology. After teaching Psych for 12 years, and doing further post-graduate studies in Psychology, I became a counsellor specialising in Career Development.
In 2009 I decided to train as a hypnotherapist and so completed the Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy at the Academy of Hypnotic Science. I now run a very busy practice in Brunswick and Avondale Heights.
As a member of the Association of Clinical Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists, I continuously upgrade my experience and skills with ongoing professional development.
So now I use my multiple skills and knowledge to help my clients recognise and achieve the wonderful possibilities for growth that each and every person has within them.
Please note: I do not work with children below the age of 16 unless it is for Career Counselling
Hypnotherapy services offered
- Hypnotherapy for anxiety and depression or stress
- Hypnotherapy for sleep issues – insomnia, nightmares
- Hypnotherapy for PTSD – TRTP
- Hypnotherapy to quit smoking, drinking or gambling
- Hypnotherapy for weight loss
- Hypnotherapy for confidence and public speaking
- Hypnotherapy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Hypnotherapy for anger management
- Hypnotherapy for phobias
- Hypnotherapy for relieving menopause symptoms
There are multiple issues that hypnotherapy can be applied to so if you have any queries about your individual needs you can contact me by phone, via the button below or the form on this page.
What I love about what I do
Nothing gives me greater career satisfaction than seeing a client move from distress and despair to a state of calm and optimism, usually within a very short time.
When clients have known years of pain it is the greatest joy to help them resolve the pain and move into a new phase of their lives, embracing all that is wonderful within themselves.
If you would like to know more about how I can help you, book a free 30 minute phone or Zoom consultation via the button below.
Or you can call me directly on 0409 803 696 to discuss your individual needs.
Experienced and accredited, my qualifications:
- Bachelor of Education (Psychology)
- Diploma Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Counselling Certificate
- Graduate Certificate in Career Development and Education
I am also a certified practitioner in the following:
- The Richards Trauma Process (TRTP)
- Resource Therapy
- The Morrisby Profile
- Careers Fast Track
- Career Voyage
- Coaching Young People for Success
- Australian Association of Clinical Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists
- Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Career Educators Association of Victoria
If you would like to know more about how I can help you, click on the button below for a free 20 minute phone consultation.
*Every client is a unique individual and outcomes can vary between clients